Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July this year! It happened to be my dad's 60th birthday so we put on a big party for him. Before the party started he had told my mom he wanted to open the gifts from us before everyone got there so he wasn't embarrassed! We all went in and got him one gift. So I asked him if he wanted to open his presents and he said, he didn't see a whole lot of presents.

So here here is, opening this box and my family is standing around with their cameras anxiously awaiting him to open his present. He told us later, that he thought it was an IOU of some kind. Haha, dad, very funny!

As you can see from the pic's when he opened it, he was overtaken by emotion as we all were. It was the best. He is not the easiest person to shop for.

Most people know my dad is a baseball nut! He LOVES his MN Twins! So at the new stadium they are building there is a place where you can have your name wrote on a wall. So we bought him that, along with a replica of what it was going to look like. It is pretty cool.

So hopefully when the Twins play in their new stadium, we will be able to see my dad'
s name written on the wall! So cool!






It was a very fun day with a lot of eating, drinking, lawn games and just visiting! I hope my dad had a great birthday and it was just nice to spend time with the family!








We didn't plan on going to the fireworks because it was his birthday, but we were able to see them from my parents house. Some people even were letting them off in the park right across the street from my parents house. Everytime there was a loud boom, Noah would run out of the garage to see it. Caeden on the other hand, covered his ear, but could not resist on watching them. It was a great ending to a wonderful day!