Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy 2 years Mom!!!






It has been 2 years since my mom has been a survivor of breast cancer!!!! It has been a long and hard journey through it all. I can still remember when she told me that the dr's office had called her and told her they found something. I re-assured her, I am sure it was nothing. To get her in a better mood, I told her I was pregnant and she didn't believe me (The plan was to wait to tell people, but I thought this would cheer her up!)

I remember when my sister and I took her wig shopping and she bought the first one she found. She looked great in it!!!

We also had a fun "shaving the head" party for her. Maggie shaved her head before she started chemo and Aaron did the same thing to support her! It was a very emotional evening!

On her last day of chemo, the boys and I surprised her and Angie and I had brought balloons and noise makers to mark the occasion! The kids thought it was pretty cool!

If anything this has brought us closer as a family. I am so proud of the journey my mom has traveled and her bravery!!!! She is a fighter and I knew she could beat this.

So on this day Mom, Congrats on 2 years. I love you so much and I still say you have the best boobs in town!!!! :)

0 comments: