Friday, November 20, 2009

Football Helmets!!!!





So last night we went to Fleet Farm so Caeden could show Mike, what he wanted for Christmas (even though it is already bought). FF has a whole section of Vikings, Gopher, Wild and Twins stuff. So that was our first stop. Noah SCREAMED with excitement seeing all the sports stuff and Caeden found these football helmets! It has all 32 teams on it and it was on sale. Throughout the whole store, Caeden would not let go of his death grip on it. When we were checking out, Mike asked "Are we giving him that for Christmas?" There was no way we could take it away from him and have him wait until Christmas to give it to him.

Now I did not play with these as kids, I remember my brother collecting them from the toy machines at Cub or our favorite Ole Piper! Mike remembers having them too! So last night we got them out and instantly the boys fought over them. I don't know what I was thinking, of course they were going to fight over them. Caeden lined up all of his favorites. His first pick was the Vikings and the Seahawks, because they are playing on Sunday and he took the helmets and crashed them into each other. Ya, know like they do on Monday night Football. Duh!!!

Noah was in LOVE with them. It was about 9 (I know, way past his bedtime) and we were getting him ready for bed, and he screamed and screamed because he had to leave the helmets! He screamed for about 20 min until he fell asleep. We even had to let him sleep in Caeden's Vikings jersey!

I made Mike hide them before we all went to bed last night so there wasn't any fighting today! Well at 5:30 in the morning, Caeden came rushing my my bedroom wondering where the helmets were and this woke Noah up. So this morning at 9 (which felt like noon) I got them out and the kids have been playing with them ever since!

1 comments:

april_sickler said...

O.M.G. That is Burke and "the guy" :) I love how he had to sleep in the jersey- he sounds like a character! Cute pics :)