Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday Mike!!!!





On Friday it was Mike's 30th Birthday. Wow, he sure is getting old. We started the day by meeting Mike at his work. His co-workers had decorated his cube full of balloons, Reece's, 30th streamers etc. His co-workers loved seeing the boys. Then the boys and I took him out to Davanni's for lunch. He also got to golf later that afternoon.

My family then joined him at my sister's house for some of his favorite pie and to open presents. All in all I think he had a pretty good day!


Saturday was the real party though. He was led to believe that just him and I were going out for his birthday and we were going to stay over night somewhere. He didn't find out where we were going until we got in the car. You see I am not the most direction savvy so I had to tell him the name of the hotel. We stayed at the Graves 601. All I have to say is WOW! It is a fancy hotel. Thank god for the good deals on expedia. We even had a flat screen tv in our bathroom! I think that was Mike's favorite part!












So the plan was, family and friends were to be at the Shout House at 5:15 and Mike and I would get there at 5:30. Mike just thought it was us two going out. I had told him that none of family or friends could make it out. So he was really surprised when we walked in the Shout house to see his family and his friends all there. For those who don't know what the Shout house is, it is dueling piano bar and so much fun. We even managed to get Mike on stage while everyone sang to him! As you can see from the pictures, we had a great time. It was so much fun and we are so lucky to have such great friends and family to help celebrate Mike's birthday. I am really impressed too that I kept it a secret from him all that time!

This is how we ended the night. We ordered room service. It was the cheapest thing on the menu for $15!

0 comments: