Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bye, Bye "kiki"




Well since we had our visit to the dentist, I figured it was time to get rid of that Nuk. For those who don't know, Caeden calls his nuk a "kiki." We had been talking to him about how the "kiki" fairy is going to come and leave him a special present and he would tell us NO! My mom has also been coaching him and telling him that "kiki's" are for babies and he would get mad at her. So I thought this is going to be hard.

So later that night while he was not looking, I cut a part of the nipple off. When we were getting ready for bed, Caeden was being kind of a stinker and when we got to bed, he threw his "kiki." So I told him when he threw his "kiki" it broke. So he put it in his mouth and then spit it out. He kept telling me to fix it and he was looking under his bed for the missing piece of the nuk.

There were only a few cries out for the "kiki." It went much better than I thought. I know it has only been the first night, but I am hoping tonight will go smooth as well.

Oh yeah, the "kiki" fairy left him a Curious George stuff animal and a new helicopter! I am just hoping potty training goes that well. Stay tuned for that upated. We are starting that next week. Wish us luck!

1 comments:

april_sickler said...

Good Job Caeden! Good luck with potty training!